I guess I should tell you that we live on a vegetable farm. Every year I butcher canteloupes and put them in the freezer. I then enjoy wonderful canteloupe smoothies throughout the year. I did this again this year, and today I enjoyed my first refreshing smoothie from this year's crop. It is my humble opinion that a canteloupe smoothie is very hard to beat in the smoothie-world.
The summer crop season is now over for us, but today I planted 8 flats of lettuce, fennel, onions, and endive for the fall crop. Ah, life goes on!
This year I didn't do much canning, due mostly to a very busy schedule, but in the last few weeks I did get a chance to pickle peppers for my dad. He loves them. Pepper pickling is hot work with hot vinegar stinging my eyes. They sure are pretty when they are done though.

1 comment:
I'm a fan of this picture. Hannah, you make me proud!
Post a Comment