Last Sunday was quite an experience! We four girls went with the Henningsens to New River Church, because the Campbells were out of town. New River Church is the Church the Campbells go to often. Mr. Campbell used to be on the pastoral staff there, and Michael W. Smith is the founding pastor. Just so happens, he was leading the worship when we went Sunday. It was quite good, I have listened to his new CD "A New Hallelujah." It is a wonderful Cd, and he sang some of the songs from there, it was kinda like being in the middle of the cd, but in a worship service. The service was good, and on Community. After church, we went to a really good Mexican place for lunch. I had like 4 tacos, 3 of which were fish tacos. It was a really neat restaurant. It seems like when I eat with the Henningsens I always go to cool, neat places. Last time it was Thai food. Two of the girls took one of the Henningsens vehicles back home, and me and Lindsay decided to stay the rest of the day with the Henningsens. They are really good singers of good country music. They are also a really awesome, big, Christian family. They were going to be playing at the Writers Night at the famous Blue Bird Cafe that night in Nashville, and they said we could go along. So, we went to their son and daughter-in-law's apartment for the afternoon, and sat on the couch, and then listened to them practice. Their daughter Clara, has an amazing voice, and the Dad, Bryan Henningsen is very good too, and him and his son Aaron, are good guitar players. When we got to the Blue Bird Cafe, it was packed, so we had to stand out in the cold for awhile. It is a quite small place. Finally, some people left, so we got to go in. There is a sign over the door that says, "The Best Song Writers in the World Come Through This Door.". I think it is some of the music people have been discovered. So, quite a few other people sang, as well as the Henningsens. They were by far one of the Best. It was funny, when they got up to sing, the emcee had said that their lucky number was 10, and Mr. Henningsen said that his lucky number was 10, because he has 10 children, and everyone looked back, trying to see some of the family. They are signing a contract with Universal Studios for their writing I think. There was another group there, who were also Christians, they did some really good songs too. It was a very interesting experience, and truly a Nashville experience. Afterward, we went to "Crystals" a hamburger place, and Mr. Henningsen bought us some little slider Hamburgers. Quite good, reminded me of White Castle's Hamburgers. Good Times!
Friday, January 30, 2009
Sunday and the Blue Bird Cafe
Last Sunday was quite an experience! We four girls went with the Henningsens to New River Church, because the Campbells were out of town. New River Church is the Church the Campbells go to often. Mr. Campbell used to be on the pastoral staff there, and Michael W. Smith is the founding pastor. Just so happens, he was leading the worship when we went Sunday. It was quite good, I have listened to his new CD "A New Hallelujah." It is a wonderful Cd, and he sang some of the songs from there, it was kinda like being in the middle of the cd, but in a worship service. The service was good, and on Community. After church, we went to a really good Mexican place for lunch. I had like 4 tacos, 3 of which were fish tacos. It was a really neat restaurant. It seems like when I eat with the Henningsens I always go to cool, neat places. Last time it was Thai food. Two of the girls took one of the Henningsens vehicles back home, and me and Lindsay decided to stay the rest of the day with the Henningsens. They are really good singers of good country music. They are also a really awesome, big, Christian family. They were going to be playing at the Writers Night at the famous Blue Bird Cafe that night in Nashville, and they said we could go along. So, we went to their son and daughter-in-law's apartment for the afternoon, and sat on the couch, and then listened to them practice. Their daughter Clara, has an amazing voice, and the Dad, Bryan Henningsen is very good too, and him and his son Aaron, are good guitar players. When we got to the Blue Bird Cafe, it was packed, so we had to stand out in the cold for awhile. It is a quite small place. Finally, some people left, so we got to go in. There is a sign over the door that says, "The Best Song Writers in the World Come Through This Door.". I think it is some of the music people have been discovered. So, quite a few other people sang, as well as the Henningsens. They were by far one of the Best. It was funny, when they got up to sing, the emcee had said that their lucky number was 10, and Mr. Henningsen said that his lucky number was 10, because he has 10 children, and everyone looked back, trying to see some of the family. They are signing a contract with Universal Studios for their writing I think. There was another group there, who were also Christians, they did some really good songs too. It was a very interesting experience, and truly a Nashville experience. Afterward, we went to "Crystals" a hamburger place, and Mr. Henningsen bought us some little slider Hamburgers. Quite good, reminded me of White Castle's Hamburgers. Good Times!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Wow, aren't you just having a blast! I am so happy for you! These are probably going to be some great memories to look back on. I wish I could have done it all with you, but between the two of us, we are racking up some cool experiences, huh?! I watched FIREPROOF in the student center tonight. It was good. Today the sun was out, and it was a gorgeous day. I decided to take a hike up Wildcat. I didn't realize that it would be VERY muddy because of all the melting snow and ice. So, my tennis shoes got VERY muddy. It was fun, but very windy up there, and I got cold, so I wasn't able to stay up there too long. There was a mamma cow and her baby among the rest of the cows, in the field that I walk in to climb up to Wildcat. It's not really a "field", but you get the point. The calf was cute, and if I remember correctly, I named him Joey. I don't even know if it is a bull calf or a heifer, now that I think about it. I didn't really investigate! I sort of miss cows, you know? I even enjoyed the smell a little bit, and it was really smelly, because of all the wetness in the field (mixture of manure and mud). Oh well, the farm and country life is hard to get out of one's blood. I love you so much! Bye!
-sister! :)
looks like your having the time of your life!! Enjoy it while your free ;-)
Post a Comment