Thursday, September 25, 2008

Avery Island and Jungle Gardens




I had an awesome day today! We decided to go down by New Iberia, Louisiana and go see Avery Island and Jungle Gardens. That is where the famous hot sauce "Tabasco" is made. It is the world's most famous hot sauce, and it is made from the Tabasco pepper. We went through a lot of small cajun towns today, and saw probably two bayous or more, and Lake Authur. It was a beautiful day today, perfect for our outing! We stopped for lunch for some good barbeque. It was so good. One town we went through had been hurt really badly by Hurricane Ike, and people had piles of stuff on the side of the road that had been damaged by the storm. It was pretty sad. We went in the General Store at Avery Island, and also we toured some of the Tabasco plant. Pretty cool! Then we went to the Jungle Gardens. It was so beautiful. I saw Alligators, a rabbit, squirrels, and deer. There were pretty palm trees and oak trees and marsh, and a bayou. It was just so amazing and very beautiful. I loved it there. There was this statue of Buddha too, in like this little temple. I am not a Buddhist, but it was kinda cool. On the way home, we stopped for seafood for supper. I had fried shrimp. Yummy. Louisiana is very pretty, at least in places. I am glad I am a cajun.

2 comments:

Mary Rebekah said...

I am so JEALOUS!...but totally happy for you. I am dying for good seafood, and I wish I was as cool as you. Your pictures reek of coolness. I am so glad that you love lowly me. I am happy that you are my sister. I want to talk to you soon. You know what? I think Maw Maw and Paw are really spoiling you! I miss you and wish that I was being spoiled right along with you!
Your loving sister,
Mary!

Anonymous said...

Mary what does "reek of coolness" mean?