Today I acted like a true cajun girl. I drove over to let my Maw Maw bring some cookies to some people whose family member had died. The cookies were for the family. Then I got dressed up, and went to a funeral at the little catholic church here in this tiny town for an old man, friend of my grandparents, whom I never saw, and never knew. Kinda strange. But while sitting there, listening to the priest, and smelling incense, I thought about how I want a really happy celebration funeral, when I die. It also gives perspective about life, that we are just a vapor, and one day we will die, life is just a waiting room, visit with the other people in the waiting room today, and have relationships with them, don't just sit there with your head down, because soon, Someone will call your name, and life down here will be over. So don't waste your time in the waiting room reading trashy magazines about other people's lives. What would a magazine written about you look like? hmmm... something to think about.
We went out for lunch to a seafood buffet. This afternoon, we went to this lady's house to buy fresh shrimp. So cool, so downhome cajun. We went to this little shack-shed in the back, and there were people in there with ice chests, and shrimp, this man in white boots and overalls dips out 10 pounds of shrimp, with this cute little basket thing, and weighs it, then a few people sort it for us. The lady's husband shrimps some, and when he can't, they get it from a friend, but it was nice and fresh. On the way home, we listened to cajun music. Oh, I think my accent is getting bad y'all.
Friday, September 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment