Sunday, October 5, 2008

Church.

I had a good day today. I went to church this morning. The message was on taking Communion. One thing that stuck with me was that Hitler said that he would pretty much be able to take over the whole world, were it not for that tiny red spot on the map which was England, and the devil would be able to take over the whole world too, but there was one little spot, Calvary, and because of that the gates of Hell cannot prevail against us. I might have changed that a little, but that was the gist. Tonight I went to the youth service. It was good, we dissected the story of the Good Samaritan. A thought came to me while I was doing that. Maybe those other guys were just too caught up in themselves to look at the poor beat up guy. They weren't worried about others, they had themselves on their minds. Maybe they were not trying to be mean, they were just too preoccupied with themselves to have anyone else on their mind. You know, sometimes I go through life like that, just thinking about what I have to do, getting it done, without really taking the time to worry about others, to pay attention to others. Another thing, maybe I don't want to get my hands dirty, and get involved in other people's problems or lives? What if the way they look, their piercings, or their lifestyle gives me a bad reputation? What would people think of me if they saw me with these people? But I think me and everyone else should just slow down, look around, see what we can do, and just not be afraid to reach out and touch someone, connect with someone.

3 comments:

NAVALDAN RAMBHAI LANGA said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Eric and Hannah Avery said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mary Rebekah said...

I liked what you had to say about the good samaritan incident. Good stuff. So true. Thanks!