Yesterday we traveled back home to Texas. For lunch we stopped at this barbeque place owned by some African-American people. It was right beside the Missionary Baptist Church. The place started to raise money for the church, but people liked it so much, they just kept it going. Their Brisket was really good. I am including a picture of the place. We stopped in the town where Sam Houston is buried, and looked at his gravesite memorial thing. He pretty much was the leader in making Texas independent, and wanted them later to join the Union. He was a really interesting man. My mom looked around in a couple of antique shops and a thrift store in that town, just for fun. I found a really interesting-looking old book about a Persian man who converted to Christianity and became a beloved Physician. It said that he was a man who walked and talked with God. We stopped in Brenham, where they make Blue Bell Ice Cream(the best commercially made in the whole world, in my opinion). It was closed, so we just looked around outside, and I took a picture of the logo picture on their cartons. It was a statue of a girl and a cow. Then we stopped and got ice cream. Mine was one scoop cinnamon, and one scoop coffee. Yummy. Then we got home, Mama wanted to go to the biannual community wide garage sale, so we went, I only found a shirt and a book, okay, I guess I wanted to go too. It is kinda fun. It was really wierd to be back in my room.My cats are fat.
Saturday, October 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I love your randomness..."my cats are fat". I agree about the ice cream. I didn't know that they make cinammon. That is too cool. I love what you said about the Persian physician. Do you know what the name of the book is, by chance? Maybe the library here would have it. I loved the picture of you, and the fact that daddy was standing by our awesomely cool truck, in the back ground. We really got it going on, don't we?! I pitty you being back in that room. You should remake it.. Well, bye! Love you!
The name of the book is "The Beloved Physician of Teheran." Remake my room, Mary I am only going to be here like 10 or 11 more days before I go to Tennessee. Lol. Its okay, and its pretty peaceful right now, with the windows open and the nice weather.
Post a Comment