Thursday, October 16, 2008

Getting Muddy and Working

Today was a chilly day, I think we got a cool front here. I bundled up and went to plant lettuce plants for my dad (He raises vegetables to sell). It was really muddy down where we were planting though, so I took off my boots and socks and went barefoot to plant, because it is faster. So there I was, all bundled up and barefoot. But, I warmed up and started shedding - my warm hat that is. I got really really dirty. I did get about 6 flats planted though, which was pretty good. My mom made a nice warm, cajun shrimp and sausage gumbo for lunch. It was great to have on a day like today. This afternoon and evening I did some office-like work for my dad, went driving around the little town by where we live and taking lots of left turns, and reading other people's blogs, etc.. I have been reading Acts chapter 2 lately. That chapter has a whole lot of interesting things in it. One thing that I was thinking about last night while reading, was the content of Peter's address to the crowd. He told them things they knew and could validate and relate to. They knew about the writings of David. That was not foreign to them. They could also go and see for themselves if the tomb was empty, and you know, there is no record there of them protesting that fact, instead they asked what they should do. That was pretty interesting.

No comments: