Monday, December 22, 2008

Christmas Cup of Tea

Pearl and Meadow singing "Te Harinui"
Mrs. Campbell reading the poem, "A Christmas Cup of Tea"

Saturday I went to I think the most meaningful event I have been to so far this season. It was Mrs. Campbell's sister Kate's "Christmas Cup of Tea." The living areas of her house were packed with women everywhere. She has lots of friends! There were lots of yummy things to eat too. I think my favorite was the blueberry tart! Anna Ruth and I both went with Mrs. Campbell. Pearl, Mrs. Campbell's daughter, and her daughter Meadow sang a lovely Christmas Carol called, "Te Harinui" which is the story of how the Mauri people of New Zealand came to hear about Christ, "The Big Love" which is Te Harinui. The Campbells and Kate are from New Zealand so that was cool. They did a beautiful job, and I think it made me cry! Pearl also led us into singing a beautiful rendition of "Silent Night, and others. It was a very beautiful time, and the whole meaning of Christmas was so real there! Some of the ladies shared about some of their Christmas memories, and that was fun. I had fun talking to people too. After the party, we did some Christmas shopping, which was fun, and then headed home. I packed for my departure to Texas for Christmas. I am returning to Tennessee the 12th of January.

No comments: