Monday, December 29, 2008

Relaxation and Insights

I have had a very relaxing day today. I have been reading other people's blogs, which I really enjoy doing. It is rather inspiring. I had a wonderful lunch that my mom made. It was pork roast, and rice and gravy, and carrots. She is a very good cook! I took a nice nap this afternoon too. Yesterday I started reading the book, "Don't Waste Your Life" by John Piper. Oh, by the way, I have not been wasting my day, rather I have been recharging and doing things I like to do, and that is a good thing! It just so happened that yesterday at church, the man speaking, also spoke about living life intentionally, and having goals. So, I think God wants me to work on that. I have been thinking about making some lifestyle goals for the coming year, in a way New Years Resolutions, although I have kind of already started them. I don't want to come to the end of my life and realize I have wasted it, and not done the things that God has put me here to do, or not done them in the way He intended. I don't want to just drift through life, but instead, make each day count! I believe that generally I am heading in the right direction with my life, and God is doing a lot with my life, but it is the small, day-to-day things that need to be shaped up. Areas of discipline, self-control, and time management need to be worked on, because it is the minutes that make up a day. This year I have learned a lot and/or made steps and have in place the knowledge to do the things I need to shape up in, especially good eating habits, exercise, and Bible reading, etc. My New Year's Resolutions are really not going to be per se, many new things, but mostly things from the past year that I need to keep building on, and making better!

Here is a quote from John Piper's "Don't Waste Your Life" :

"God created me-and you- to live with a single, all-embracing, all-transforming passion-namely, a passion to glorify God by enjoying and displaying his supreme excellence in all the spheres of life. Enjoying and displaying are both crucial. If we try to display the excellence of God without joy in it, we will display a shell of hypocrisy and create scorn or legalism. But if we claim to enjoy his excellence and do not display it for others to see and admire, we deceive ourselves, because the mark of God-enthralled joy is to overflow and expand by extending itself into the hearts of others. The wasted life is the the life without a passion for the supremacy of God in all things for the joy of all peoples."

Good stuff, and I only just started the book!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure we know each other, but I noticed your comment on my blog and decided to check yours out. What great insights God is giving you. Another book you might enjoy is Living in the Light of Eternity by K.P. Yohannan... Bless you!

Jamie Jo

Maiden of Mercy said...

Hey Hannah
Happy New Year. When are you coming back here? I means what date? I love you.