Saturday, December 27, 2008

Washing

Mary and I

Some of the onions we washed today

Today I worked about 7.5 hours for my dad washing onions and turnips. About 300 bundles of each we did today. He will deliver them Monday morning early to Austin. It was pretty time-consuming. This afternoon a cold front started to come in. Tomorrow morning should be pretty cold, and we have to get up early to wash lettuce before we go to town to church. Mary and I had fun talking while we washed vegetables. My mom made us a good lunch of sausages, potato salad, baked whole sweet potatoes, and turnips. The wife of one of our workers just had a baby yesterday, and the other went on vacation for about a week or so. I had two wonderful tacos for supper. So yummy I tell you.





Today I was thinking about the fact that I am in full-time ministry really. And you know, everyone of us is or should be if we are Christians living for Christ and reflecting Christ. We should be so full of Christ that we just overflow and minister to those around us. Whether that be by our attitudes, words, or actions. And I know that's not always easy. Really we are all around people, whether that be our families, people at work, people we meet, people at the store, just wherever, And there are things we can do to minister to those people. Whether it is to help them with something, like I did today when I helped my dad, say a kind word, listen to their problems, or introduce them to the One who loves them most and gave His life for them. We are all ministers walking around. I will admit that I was getting quite upset tonight, because I was tired, and my back hurt from lifting stuff, and I was tired of standing up and being cold, but you know what, I am a minister, and things have to be done, and no one said it was always fun! What you are doing might not be much fun either, but God wants you there. If He does not want you there, he will probably either definitely show you another door, or move you. Remember how God sent Philip to the Ethiopian Eunich? We are in the palm of His hand, He knows us. So, wherever you are, go about your day conscious of the fact that you have the opportunity to work for Christ today, to be a minister for Him today. Nothing is too small for you to do in His name.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey...just wanted to say thanks for stopping by my blog! :)